- Fill the form and make the payment online. We’ll then check your disclosure application. We’ll be in touch if we need any more information from you.
- Then upload your supporting documents. We’ll check those as we’re processing your application to make sure everything is in order, and then send them to the relevant government department.
- Wait between 1 and 2 weeks to get your disclosure in the post. While you’re waiting, our friendly customer service team will be able to help with any queries.
Who are we?
We’re an independent third party agency which aims to make things easy for you when you’re applying for a Basic DBS check or Basic Disclosure. We check and process applications and then providing ongoing support as the checks are done. We can’t currently help with Standard or Enhanced Disclosure checks, but might be able to point you in the right direction if that’s the sort of check which you require.
What are the benefits of using our services?
Verifying documents and help with file size. If you live in England, Northern Ireland or Wales, we can sign off your supporting documents in order to make the process easier. This also cuts out the need for registering with a third party verification service when applying through the government website. If you live in Scotland, the body issuing disclosures is called Disclosure Scotland. Their website only accept files of less than 1Mb, which can cause huge issues when you’re taking photos on your smartphone, camera or scanner. We can help you with resizing documents and reduce the file size in order to be accepted.
Checking and supporting your application. When you submit your application, our team of advisors will check it over, and get in touch with you if there’s anything which is unclear. We do this to make sure that when the application is passed to Disclosure Scotland or DBS that everything is correct, and in the format which the authorities need. We check:
- Identity documents – anything you submit to prove identity should show your name, date of birth and your photograph. We’ll check that the details on any ID submitted matches the details on the application form. If the details don’t match, we’ll be back in touch with the applicant.
- Address proof – The documents submitted to prove address should be both addressed to the person who is applying for the DBS and Disclosure text, and have the same address as is on the DBS application form. If there is something wrong with the address proof, we will get back in touch with the applicant to get different address proof documents.
- 5 Year History of Address – Both Disclosure Scotland and DBS ask applicants to give full details of all addresses over the past five years. We can check that applicants have completed this section correctly, in the right order. People who have moved around a lot, who have lived overseas for a period or who have been moving between student accommodation and their parents’ address often need help getting this section correct.
- Anything else – We won’t submit your application until we are totally sure that everything is correct, and that DBS or Disclosure Scotland have all of the information they need. We work to make sure that there will be no queries or issues raised at a later date. We check for spelling mistakes, that details given on forms match up with information printed on the supporting evidence, and much more besides.
Applying from overseas? Fill in the application online and get your certificate by airmail.
If you don’t live in the UK, there is currently no way of applying through the government website for your Basic DBS check. We can help with the verification for overseas applicants and allow them to apply for their DBS checks. Apply in the same way as someone living in the UK would, and have the option of getting your certificate sent digitally, and then receiving a hard copy sent overseas using tracked airmail delivery.
Disclosure Scotland doesn’t allow applications through their website from people who don’t live in the UK. Overseas applicants can still apply to Disclosure Scotland, but will need a paper copy of the form. Download it here: https://www.mygov.scot/disclosure-paper-application/.
We can help process applications from people living overseas and cut out delays caused by waiting for paper forms to arrive in the post. We can use our address to have the certificates despatched, and then send it on to the applicant using tracked airmail. We can also scan the certificate and send a digital version if needed.
Our website has been set up to enable businesses to submit several applications at a time, making just one payment and receiving one invoice rather than multiple separate invoices.
If applying through DBS or Disclosure Scotland, complete applications on our website and once finished, click “add another application” to submit as many applications as you need to before proceeding to payment.
We also offer our Cloud system to customers. If you choose the box on the application form, you will be provided with a login ID to access a secure website. This can be used to upload your Basic Disclosure certificate digitally, allowing you to view it at any time from any location. Cloud subscribers can also re-apply for a new Basic Disclosure within a year at a reduced cost.
Text message alerts
We will send you regular text messages keep you informed about how your application is progressing. We’ll alert you by text message if we have any queries about your application, as well as telling you when your application has been completed.
Services We Offer:
Standard service – this includes checking of application, validating documents, updates by email and submission to the correct government body. £65.
Fast track service – Our premium service offers everything you’d get from the standard service, and more. Fast track applications are prioritised by our staff, and we aim to check, process and submit them within 24 hours wherever possible. There is no fast track service offered by DBS and Disclosure Scotland for Basic Disclosures, but our fast track service means that your application is our top priority.
The application process
After you’ve submitted your Basic DBS or Disclosure application, our team will go through your application with a fine-toothed comb to make sure everything is correct and that no further information is needed.
We’ll then email you with your application reference number, which you use to get in touch with the issuing body if you need to. We also have a local-rate phone number for our support team, and this will be included when you receive your confirmation email.
Certificates are usually received within 1 or 2 weeks. If more supporting documents are needed for your application, we’ll be in touch.
|Disclosure Scotland Fee||£25||£25|
|Vat @0% on DS Fee||£0||£0|
|Clear Check Processing Fee||£33.33||£41.67|
|Vat @20% on Processing Fee||£6.67||£8.33|
Total Fee Payable
*Overseas applicants will incur an air mail surcharge of £8 (inc. VAT)
Click here to apply for your Basic Disclosure
Clearcheck.co.uk are an independent service which is not affiliated to the UK government, DBS or Disclosure Scotland. You may apply directly with DBS or Disclosure Scotland where there will still be a £25 charge for your Basic Criminal Record Check however our further £40 or £50 service fee would not be payable.